Recent Posts

January Book Review~BIRDS!

I Love this book!

As you may know, I am obsessed with birds, and I came across this beauty at the Library and instantly fell in love!
Created by a husband-and-wife team, this yummy picture book bridges the space between concept books and longer narrative stories, making it perfect for little ones, and a gorgeous tribute to our avian friends.

(My favorite page)
Henkes’ words have a lyrical beauty, while Dronzek’s bright acrylic paintings, in saturated primary color and heavy black outlines, reflect the text’s plain elegance while carrying an  energy all their own.

"Once I saw seven birds on the telephone wire. They didn't move and they didn't move and the didn't move. I looked away for just one second...and they were gone."

Delicious!

0 comments: